Recipe for Roast Squash sent in by: Granny Dumplin
Ingredients for Roast Squash
- ½ teaspoon each of cinnamon, paprika, turmeric, salt, pepper and cumin
- ¼ teaspoon chilli powder.
- 2 serving spoons of nut oil
Method for Roast Squash
- Peel and cube squash (1 inch cubes)
- Place spices on to a plate and toast under grill until they release their aromas
- In a bowl pour 2 serving spoons of nut oil and add the toasted spices
- Toss squash cubes in the mix until coated and leave to one side while heating the oven to 180 degrees
- Put the cubes on to a roasting tray and cook in the oven for around 20/30 minutes, turning every ten minutes
- They should be crisp on outside and yummy soft inside.
The aromatic spices are a great way to add flavour to squash which is a fairly bland vegetable. Cooked well with additional flavouring transforms it into something very special.