Ingredients for Red Pepper Tapas:
- Plump red peppers
- Plastic bag
- Olive oil
Quantities are totally variable.
Method for Red Pepper Tapas:
- Either: Preheat oven to 200c or turn grill to high.
- Remove ends and seeds.
- Slice peppers into sections so they lie flat, skin-side up and put them to char until skins are black and blistered.
- Put them into a plastic bag till cool enough to handle and then pull off the blackened skins.
- Slice more finely now if preferred.
- Put them into a jam-jar or similar together with a bit of chopped garlic (optional) and top up the whole thing with olive oil to cover the peppers.
- Screw down and store.
Brilliant with hard-boiled eggs and tuna. If you are not ham-fisted you can char the peppers whole over a gas flame before skinning. This doesn’t, in my opinion, work as well with green peppers as they don’t seem as meaty.