Ingredients for Lemon Oil:
- 1 untreated lemon (preferably organic)
- ½ pint good olive oil.
Method for Lemon Oil:
- Remove the yellow zest with a potato peeler being careful not to include any of the white pith.
- Chop into 1cm bits.
- Put in a pan with the olive oil and heat gently to 180.
- Put into sterilized bottle, cork and leave for a week. Filter and re-bottle.
- Keep cool (but not in fridge as olive oil congeals).
Keep lemon oil on hand to make salad dressings or to use when cooking fish. Great for pasta and mash as well. The oil can be kept at room temperature, tightly sealed, for 1 month. Don’t refrigerate as the olive oil congeals.