Ingredients for Russian Potatoes:
- 6 large potatoes
- 8 oz (225 g) cottage cheese
- 1 tablespoon plain yoghurt
- 3 spring onions or 3 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 large clove of garlic
- 4 oz (112 g) cheddar cheese, grated
Method for Russian Potatoes:
- Boil the potatoes in there skins until just barely cooked, cool, peel and cut into cubes.
- Mix the potatoes with the cottage cheese, yoghurt, chopped spring onions or chives, salt and pressed garlic.
- Put into a greased casserole and sprinkle the top with the cheddar cheese and paprika.
- Bake on the middle shelf of a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 5 (375°F/180°C) for about 30 minutes.
Serves 4. Use as a side dish or part of a main course meal.