Torta con le mele …..cake with apples to you and me, but my Italian friend Titta gave me the recipe
Ingredients for Apple Cake (Torta con le mele):
- 4oz butter, softened
- 8oz self-raising flour
- 3 eggs
- 2 large cooking apples, peeled cored and chopped (not too fine, apple lumps are good!)
- 5oz sugar
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
Method for Apple Cake (Torta con le mele):
- Pre-heat oven to Gas 4 – 5 (my oven seems to cook hot so I used Gas 4 ) – 350° to 375°F/180° to 190°C.
- Line loaf tin with baking paper.
- Bung all ingredients, except apples, into bowl and mix well with electric mixer. (Needs to be a stiff dropping consistency as the apples release moisture as they cook, if too stiff, add a little milk)
- Stir apple pieces into cake mix and then spoon into the tin.
- Level the top and bake for about an hour.
- Pierce with a skewer to check if cooked, I gave mine another 10 minutes.