Lemon, Marmalade and Courgette Cake Recipe Submitted by flower girl
Ingredients for Lemon, Marmalade and Courgette Cake:
- 225g/9oz self-raising wholemeal flour
- grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 225g/9oz courgettes, grated
- 125g/5oz butter, softened (or margarine)
- 125g/5oz soft brown sugar
- 2 medium eggs, beaten
- 125g/5oz lemon marmalade
- 175g/7oz mixed dried fruit.
- Icing sugar and shredded lemon rind for decoration
Method for Lemon, Marmalade and Courgette Cake:
- Grease and line 20cm(8inch) round cake tin
- Place dried fruit, lemon rind and lemon juice in a bowl & soak for 30 mins
- Then add courgettes and marmalade and stir until evenly mixed.
- Cream butter (or margarine) and sugar together in a separate bowl until light and fluffy
- Beat in eggs
- Stir in courgette mixture and flour, mix evenly
- Bake for about 55 mins at Gas Mark 3, 325ºF/170ºC
Decorate with icing sugar and lemon rind or lemon icing.
I found this Lemon, Marmalade and Courgette Cake to be very moist, had a good lemon flavour and little chewy in texture. Went down very well with all those that tried it.
My Uncle said it went well with custard as a pudding.