Chocolate Courgette Cake Recipe Submitted by Jennifer
Ingredients for Chocolate Courgette Cake:
- 120g butter (softened)
- 125 ml sunflower oil
- 100g castor sugar
- 200g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 130 ml milk
- 350g plain flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbs cocoa
- 450 g courgettes, peeled and grated finely
- 1 tsp vanilla
Instructions for Chocolate Courgette Cake:
- Line a 20 x 35 cm baking tray with baking paper and set oven to 190deg C/350 deg F.
- Mix the butter, oil and both sugars together until light and fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, one at a time and then the milk until mixed thoroughly.
- Sift the dry ingredients together and fold into the mixture. Stir in grated and peeled courgettes, vanilla and spoon into tin. Bake for 35-45 mins.
- Cut into squares whilst still warm.
This Chocolate Courgette Cake is a good recipe for getting children to eat some courgettes.