Banana Bread Recipe Submitted by Ice
Ingredients for Banana Bread:
- 10 oz plain flour
- 1 tsp bicarb
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 4 oz butter
- 8oz golden caster sugar
- 2 free range eggs
- 1 large or two small VERY ripe bananas
- 4 fl oz buttermilk or milk with a dash of lemon juice
- 1 tsp good quality vanilla extract
Method for Banana Bread:
- Sift flour, bicarb and salt into a bowl.
- Cream the butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs, buttermilk, mashed bananas and vanilla extract. Mix together and fold in flour.
- Use a small greased loaf tin and bake for 40 minutes on gas 4. It often needs another 5 to 10 minutes extra. Test by putting a skewer in. If it comes out clean the bread is done.
It is a very good recipe and it’s unfortunate that I can’t eat much of it myself.