Ingredients for Avocado Mousse:
- 3 Medium Avocados
- 1.5 tsp gelatine or vegetarian alternative
- 1.5 tbs cold water
- 2 tsp finely chopped or minced onion
- 0.5 pt hot vegetable stock
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tbs double cream
- 3 tbs mayonnaise
Method for Avocado Mousse:
- Scoop the flesh out of the avocados and either mash and sieve it or blend in a food processor.
- Season and add the onion.
- Dissolve the gelatine in the water over a very gentle heat and when dissolved add the hot stock to it.
- Add this mixture to the avocado and blend until smooth.
- Leave in fridge until completely cold and then fold in the mayonnaise and cream.
- Put into a buttered mould (a teacup will do) and leave to set for at least 3 hours.
- When required dip mould into hot water and turn out onto serving plate.
- Decorate with stoned black olives, fresh parsley, tomato wedges and lemon twists.
A party treat, great on the buffet table with bread sticks, tortilla chips and fancy crisps.