Ingredients for Leeks with Camembert Cheese:
- 1½ lbs (700 g) leeks
- 1 oz (28 g) butter
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1 oz (28 g) plain flour
- ½ pint (285 ml) full or semi-skimmed milk
- 4 oz (112 g) Camembert cheese, de-rinded and chopped
- 1 hard -boiled egg, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Chopped parsley for garnish
Method for Leeks with Camembert Cheese:
- Cut the leeks in half lengthways and wash thoroughly.
- Cook in boiling salted water until tender. Drain and place in a shallow heatproof dish and keep warm in a low oven.
- Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and fry until soft. Stir in the flour and cook for 1 minute.
- Gradually blend in the milk, stirring, until the sauce thickens.
- Add the cheese, egg and salt and pepper to taste. Heat gently then pour over the leeks.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve straight away.
This Leeks with Camembert Cheese Recipe serves 4. A tasty side dish or as the basis of a main course with baked potato for example