Ingredients for Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche:
- 6 oz shortcrust pastry
- 8 oz (225 g) medium-fat curd cheese
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- ¼ pint ((150 ml) of single cream
- 2 eggs
- 1 large red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 sliced courgette
- 1 thinly sliced red onion
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 or 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried
- Salt and pepper
- 8 black olives, halved
Method for Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche:
- Roll out the pastry and use to line a 8″ (20 cm) flan dish. Prick the base and put in the fridge for about 15 minutes.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the onion, red pepper, courgette and garlic and fry until soft.
- Blend the eggs, curd cheese and cream together with the herbs and salt and pepper to taste. Add the fried vegetables.
- Pour into the chilled flan case, sprinkle with the Parmesan cheese and arrange the olives on top.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at Gas Mark 5 (190°C/375°F) for 40 to 45 minutes until firm and golden in colour.
This Mediterranean Vegetable Quiche Recipe makes enough for 4 people. Can be eaten either hot or cold. Serve with a crisp green salad.
Pastry Making Help & Information
These guides compliment our recipes section. Basic guide to making pastry - for individual types of pastry, see below. Pastry Ingredients: Flour for Pastry Making: Use good quality flour for pastry making if you can. It should be quite dry...
These pastry making guides compliment our recipes section. Cheese pastry is used for cheese biscuits and straws, savoury tarts, pies, flans and turnovers. It works well with a strong cheese, such as a mature cheddar or a blue cheese such as Stilton...
These pastry making guides compliment our recipes section. Shortcrust pastry is the most common type of pastry and very easy to make though it does need to be kept cool and handled as little as possible. Use for sweet and savoury flans, pies, tarts...