Recipe for Egg Curry submitted by Lettice.
An old egg curry recipe that we use.
Ingredients for Egg Curry:
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 4-6 hard boiled eggs
- 2 potatoes, peeled and cut into inch square chunks
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion, chopped finely
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 tsp ginger
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
Method for Egg Curry:
- Heat the oil on medium heat in a pan.
- Fry the cumin seeds for about a minute.
- Add onions, cook for about 10 minutes until they brown.
- Add tomatoes, garlic and ginger and cook until tomatoes have broken down.
- Add remaining spices, salt, sugar and 1 tbsp of water, mix well.
- Cook for a few minutes until the oil starts to separate.
- Add potatoes, eggs and 8 tbsp of water.
- Cover the pan and simmer until the potato is cooked, about 10 minutes.
You can use about 3-4 tsp of curry powder/paste of your choice instead of the cumin seeds, garam masala, chilli powder and turmeric.