Recipe for Leek and Potato Soup Light sent in by: Christine
Ingredients for Leek and Potato Soup Light:
- 2 large leeks (washed & sliced)
- ½ oz low-fat sunflower spread
- 1 large potato (diced)
- ½ pt chicken stock
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- ½ pt skimmed milk
- chives to garnish (snipped)
Method for Leek and Potato Soup Light:
- Cook the leeks in the low-fat spread in a saucepan, stirring, for 3 minutes until soft but not brown.
- Add the potato and cook, stirring for 1 min.
- Add the stock, salt and pepper.
- Bring to the boil, part cover, reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Pour in a blender, blend and return to the saucepan. Stir in the milk.
- Reheat before serving sprinkled with the snipped chives
For those on a diet or calorie conscious. Serve with croutons or fresh bread (if you dare!). Very filling, cheap to make and about 100 calories per serving – minus the croutons or bread of course!