Ingredients for Rhubarb Cake:
- 3 oz butter
- 3 oz caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 oz self raising flour
- 1 lb rhubarb
- 1 tbsp demerara sugar for the topping
- 2 ½ oz butter
- 3oz plain flour
- 1oz caster sugar
Method for Rhubarb Cake:
- Preheat oven to 190 c.
- Grease a 8in round cake tin. Cream the butter and sugar, beat in the eggs, fold in the flour and add a pinch of salt.
- Slice the rhubarb into 1 in pieces and toss in the demerara sugar.
- To make the topping, rub the butter into the flour and stir in the sugar.
- Pour the cake mix into the tin and arrange the rhubarb on top.
- Sprinkle the topping over and bake for 40-45 mins.
Serve with a dollop of double cream!!