Ingredients for Leek, Tomato and Potato Soup:
- 1 lb (450 g) leeks (sliced)
- 2 oz (56 g) butter
- 1 lb (450 g) tomatoes (skinned and chopped)
- 1½ lb (675 g) potatoes (peeled and diced)
- 2 pints (1.1 litres) vegetable stock or water
- 3 tablespoons single cream
- Salt and pepper
Method for Leek, Tomato and Potato Soup:
- Cook the sliced leeks gently in the butter in a heavy saucepan.
- Add the peeled and chopped tomatoes and the diced potatoes and sauté for a few minutes. .
- Add the stock or water and bring to the boil.
- Season to taste. Reduce the heat and simmer for about ½ an hour until the potatoes are soft.
- Put through a blender or sieve.
- Return to a clean pan, bring back to the boil, stir in the cream and sprinkle each serving with a little finely chopped parsley.
6 to 8 servings.
Note: Freezes well – omit the cream and pack into plastic containers.