Ingredients for Mint Sauce:
- Mint Leaves
- Malt Vinegar
Method for Mint Sauce:
- Use fresh, young mint leaves and discard the stalks.
- Wash and dry the leaves with a clean tea towel or kitchen roll.
- Chop the mint leaves and pack into sterilized, clean, dry jars.
- Pour in enough malt vinegar to cover the mint, ensuring it penetrates right through.
- Cover, seal and label.
- Store in a cool, dry place.
Remove some mint (about 1 tablespoon per person) and add extra vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper to taste.
For 4 tablespoons of the basic mint sauce, add 3 chopped lettuce leaves and 1 small chopped onion as well as the extra vinegar, water, sugar, salt and pepper.
Delicious with roast lamb and lamb chops. Lamb and mint go so well together
General Information on Making Sauces and Ketchups