Ingredients for Apple Flapjack:
- 2 lb cooking apples (peeled, de-cored and sliced)
- 8 oz butter
- 2 oz ground almonds
- 3 oz self-raising flour
- 6 oz porridge oats
- Some mixed spice (if liked)
- 6 oz brown sugar
Method for Apple Flapjack:
- Simmer cooking apples until soft.
- In a separate bowl rub in the butter, ground almonds and flour.
- Add the porridge oats, some mixed spice if you like it, and the brown sugar.
- Spread approx ½ of the mixture on a flat “swiss roll tin”
- Spoon the apple mixture over and then cover the apple with the rest of the “Flap jack mix”.
- Bake at 180/190c for approx 25/30 minutes ( untill golden).
Eat hot with ice cream or cold, in slices, in kids lunch box etc.