Ingredients for Vegetarian Cottage Pie:
- 2 oz butter
- 8 oz onions (peeled and chopped)
- 1 tablespoon marmite
- 12 oz mushrooms (chopped)
- 2 lbs potatoes
- 8 oz carrots (grated or chopped)
- 2 oz salted peanuts
- 3 tablespoons of parsley/thyme
- 2 oz sage and onion stuffing mix
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup.
Method for Vegetarian Cottage Pie:
- Cook onions in some butter or oil until soft, add mushrooms, stir in marmite
- Chop or grate carrot and add to mix
- Continue to sauté until carrots are nearly cooked
- Add chopped peanuts, herbs, stuffing mix and tomato ketchup.
- Put mix into a casserole dish.
- Cook potatoes, mash with butter.
- Spread the potatoes over the mixture and add a few more dabs of butter on the top.
Put in a medium oven and cook for about 30 minutes until golden on the top.