There can be no fresher tasting vegetables or herbs than the ones you’ve grown yourself. Whether you are a first-time allotment holder or an ‘old-hand’, the Vegetable & Herb Expert will show you how to get started; where to grow your vegetables, and how; what types and varieties to grow; looking after your plants; grow your own herbs; and how to deal with pests and diseases.
The famous ‘Expert’ books are very no-nonsense in their approach and this is their real strength, When you start growing you can be overwhelmed with information and technical details. This book gives you the basic facts in a clear and easy to digest format.
Another one of my ‘must have’ books.
Available both new and used from Amazon for as little as a penny plus postage.
Amazon Reviews of Vegetable and Herb Expert:
“We are first time allotment holders and our knowledge of vegetable growing was to say the least limited, we first got this book from the library and have found it to be worth its weight in gold. Not only does it show in easy stages how to grow the veggies but how to freeze and preserve them too. There is nothing it doesn’t tell you. If you are into growing organic vegetables then this book is a must, so stop reading the reviews and go and buy it, we did, you won’t regret it.”
Further Books in this Section
- 1001 Ways to be a Better Gardener by Pippa Greenwood
- Create Compost by Pauline Pears
- Grow Your Own Vegetables by Joy Larkcom
- The Fruit Expert by D. G. Hessayon
- The HDRA Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening by Henry Doubleday Research Association
- Vegetable and Herb Expert by D. G. Hessayon
- Vegetables for the Polytunnel & Greenhouse by Klaus Laitenberger