The essential guide to growing all types of fruit. Everything you need to know about choosing the best apples, pears and plums for your garden; planting and caring for tree fruit; buying and growing soft fruit; getting the best taste from your fruit; how to prune; dealing with fruit problems and pests; and shop-bought fruit.
Reliable, easy-to-follow advice and information from EXPERT books. Another sensible addition to your library.
Available from Amazon both new and used for as little as a penny plus postage.
Amazon Reviews of The Fruit Expert:
“I have owned this book for several years. I have found it to be invaluable in the choosing and growing of many different fruits. It has extensive sections and reviews with colour pictures on choosing different varieties of apples pears, peaches etc. This includes some more unusual varieties as well as those more commonly available.
The reviews are as useful in telling you what not to plant as what to plant. There are reasonable sections on pruning (but I think this is better done by the RHS Growing Fruit book.) The section on diseases and pests is also very good with clear illustrations for correct identification of problems.
In summary an excellent book particularly to help with choosing which varieties to plant, although the pruning sections are a little brief.”
Further Books in this Section
- 1001 Ways to be a Better Gardener by Pippa Greenwood
- Create Compost by Pauline Pears
- Grow Your Own Vegetables by Joy Larkcom
- The Fruit Expert by D. G. Hessayon
- The HDRA Encyclopedia of Organic Gardening by Henry Doubleday Research Association
- Vegetable and Herb Expert by D. G. Hessayon
- Vegetables for the Polytunnel & Greenhouse by Klaus Laitenberger