Completely updated and with many new photographs, coverage includes step-by-step, illustrated instructions for making hard cheeses, soft cheeses, yoghurt, cream, ice cream and butter. Suitable for the home kitchen or small dairy, it remains a classic ‘how to’ guide.
First published as The Home Dairying Book. 1978, a second edition was published as Home Dairying in 1983.The third edition was published as Home & Farm Dairying in 1988 this fourth edition was published in 2006.
Useful to the individual wanting to make their own it also provides information for those looking to start small scale dairy production of artisan products from goat, sheep or cow’s milk .
Available both new and second hand from Amazon for as little as a penny plus postage.
Amazon Reviews of Cheesemaking and Dairying:
“Like all Katie Thear’s books this is a model of how to write a book that deals with the practicalities without a lot of fluff. It’s incredibly well researched and illustrated, and deals with all the processes of making cheese and other dairy products in a staightforward, step-by-step manner. If you want to make good cheese, buy this book! It’s the tops!”
Further Books in this Section
- Cheesemaking and Dairying by Katie Thear
- Curing & Smoking: River Cottage Handbook No.13
- Food Smoking: A Practical Guide by Turan T. Turan
- Grown in Britain Cookbook by Dorling Kindersley
- How to Freeze by Carolyn Humphries
- How to Store Your Garden Produce: The Key to Self-sufficiency by Piers Warren
- Nourishing Traditions by Sally Fallon
- The Bean Book: Essential Vegetarian Collection by Rose Elliot