The Duck bible! By far the best book out there if you are thinking about keeping ducks; packed full of information to help you on your way. This book isn’t full of colour photos, but it does give you information on health, care, and breeding, that no other books on the market can compare with. It is always the book I recommend when people say they are thinking about getting a flock of ducks.
‘When we first got our two drakes – Bumble and Bee – I was a complete novice and had no idea about duck care. This book helped me on the way, and as the flock expanded helped with integration and housing. It was also invaluable when Bee had an accident and hurt his foot, the health care section is the best in any poultry book I have read.’ – Cara.
Excellent Value for money.
Available both new and second hand from Amazon.
Amazon Reviews of Storey’s Guide to Raising Ducks:
“A comprehensive book. Having just started out keeping ducks, this has been very valuable. A lot of information on different breeds and incubation in particular.”
“Book was exactly as described. Very informative and would recommend this to anyone who wants to learn about ducks!
Quick postage, good price.”
Further Books in this Section
- Chicken Breeds and Care – Mini Encyclopedia by Frances Bassom
- Chickens: The Essential Guide by Suzie Baldwin
- Cluck: A Book of Happiness for Chicken Lovers
- Starting with Chickens by Katie Thear
- Starting with Geese by Katie Thear
- Starting with Turkeys by Katie Thear
- Storey’s Guide to Raising Ducks by Dave Holderread