Nemasys Leatherjacket Killer
From: Plant Protection : Biological Controls
From the renowned range of Nemasys natural pest control comes Nemasys Leatherjacket Killer - and you'll need it if your lawn has developed brown patches and the grass has little root growth as the chances are you've got leatherjackets (the larvae of the cranefly or daddy longlegs).
The prolific lawn pest is hunted down and killed by the nematode steinernema feltiae contained in Nemasys Leatherjacket Killer but there is only a small window of opportunity to prevent this very-expensive-to-repair lawn damage; Nemasys Leatherjacket Killer applications should be made 1 - 2 weeks after the first craneflies have been spotted from late August onwards. An earlier treatment of Nemasys Leatherjacket Killer can be made in spring as long as soil temperatures are in excess of 10ºC but this application, although occasionally successful, is not as productive as the typical autumn dose.
- Nemasys Leatherjacket Killer should be applied from late August to end of October
- Supplied in two pack sizes - 100m² and 500m²
- Can be applied in spring when leatherjackets begin feeding but not always successful
- Spring application useful with severe infestations
- Simply water onto soil
- Full instructions provided
- Essential to keep lawn moist before and after applying
- Much more cost effective than re-turfing a lawn
- Safe to use around children, pets and wildlife