From: Plant Protection : Biological Controls
Mighty Mite is a real greenhouse, compost heap and even chicken coup superhero, ridding your garden soil of bad guys such as small vine weevil larvae, cutworms, fungus gnats (aka sciarid flies), springtails, caterpillars and the maggots of many pesky flies too!
Mighty Mite's alter-ego is Phoretic mite, a ravenous soil-dwelling predatory mite which reproduces rapidly and feeds on the above menu, making it an ideal natural ally for gardeners. Mighty mite will happily devour sciarid fly larvae in greenhouse compost and soil; it's happy to live in beds and borders outside and will also help rid the compost heap of springtails and fly maggots - and when the compost is spread around the garden, Mighty Mite goes too!
This naturally occuring pest control solution is available in 500g shaker bottles, each of which will cover around 2m² and if you keep poultry, you'll be pleased to hear that Mighty Mite will feed on housefly larvae in chicken manure, keeping your chicken coup and house free from this annoying pest!
- Mighty Mite is a naturally occurring Phoretic mite
- Soil dwelling predator with a voracious appetite and rapid reproduction rate
- Supplied in 500g shaker tube
- Each tube covers 2m²
- Use in the greenhouse to control fungus gnat (sciarid fly)
- Simply sprinkle onto seed tray compost
- Will also feed on thrip pupae and moth larvae
- Apply to beds and borders outside to control cutworms, small vine weevil larve and any caterpillars on the soil
- Ideal for vine weevil-affected pot and container plants
- Use alongside Nemasys H Vine Weevil Control but not at the same time
- Mighty Mite thrives in warm compost heaps
- Will feed on springtails and fly maggots and larvae
- Travels with compost to beds and borders
- Use in chicken coups to kill housefly maggots
- Ultimate multi-kill predator
- Use outside when soil temperatures are in excess of 10°C