Aphid Control using Ladybird Larvae
From: Plant Protection : Biological Controls
Aphid Control using Ladybird Larvae is the answer to your outdoor aphid problems; the larvae can eat 100-150 aphids per day and can be used on a wide variety of outdoor plants where arguably the gardener's biggest enemy is present.
Aphid Control using Ladybird Larvae is supplied in jute bag which is simply hung on a soft fruit plant, tree or shrub (use 2-3 bags for larger trees) and the hungry larvae (50 in total) quickly emerge in search of a snack or 100!
Both adult ladybirds and larvae can be applied from early May (only apply larvae in temperatures of 10ºC+ indoors or outdoors) but neither should be introduced after September. Repeat treatments of Aphid Control using Ladybird Larvae as required.
- Aphid Control using Ladybird Larvae supplied in a jute bag
- Each bag contains 50 larvae
- Simply hang bag on plants where aphids are present
- Provide a suitable habitat to encourage ladybirds to stay in the garden, such as a ladybird log tower
- Ideal for outdoor use
- Best suited for controlling light infestations of aphids
- Try our Aphid Kill using Lacewing Larvae for heavy aphid presence|For indoor problems we recommend Aphid Control using Ladybirds.
- Use 2-3 bags on larger shrubs or trees
- Larvae emerge from bag in search of aphids