Nemasys Caterpillar Killer
From: Plant Protection : Biological Controls
Each pack of Nemasys Caterpillar Killer contains 3 applications of 20 million naturally occurring beneficial nematodes (steinernema carpocapse) which will successfully control caterpillars on an area of up to 40 sq metres. Start applying Nemasys Caterpillar Killer in July and watch your garden population of these destructive pests decrease as the nematodes get to work; the caterpillar killer is supplied in three packs, and a pack a week should be applied for the three week period to ensure complete control.
This application rate ensures that caterpillars emerging from eggs over a few weeks will be caught by the treatment. Nemasys Caterpillar Killer can also be used against Sawfly larvae - even though they belong to a different insect family - as good results have been achieved on Gooseberry Sawfly larvae. Nemasys Caterpillar Killer must come into direct contact with the caterpillar and fits perfectly into any organic gardening set-up; it's also harmless to children, pets and wildlife.
- Each pack of Nemasys Caterpillar Killer contains 3 applications
- Apply when caterpillars are first seen on plants, usually around July
- Apply each of the 3 applications to the same area at 5 to 7 day intervals to ensure all hatchings are killed
- Apply to all leaf surfaces where caterpillars are present, making sure to spray pests with solution, pests not directly sprayed will not be controlled
- Avoid applications in bright sunlight, apply during evenings or dull conditions.
- Use an entire application at one time and do not store made up solution
- Each application of Nemasys Caterpillar Killer will treat an area 40 sq metres