Slug Copper Rings (large)
From: Plant Protection : Slug and Snail Defence
Slug Copper Rings Slugs put the brakes on the gardener's biggest enemy, slugs, as they are unable to attack plants surrounded by one of these copper rings. The copper ring forms a physical barrier around plants and also gives slugs an unpleasant shock-like sensation when they try and cross or climb the copper, caused by a reaction between the metal and the mucus they rely on to move.
The Slug Copper Rings are available in 17cm diameter size for larger plants and supplied as a pack of 6.
- Large rings measure 17cm across
- Slug Copper Rings form a physical barrier round the plant
- Shock-like sensation deters the slug should it attempt to scale the copper
- Rings pull apart to enable them to be removed from climbers or bushy plants
- When applying, ensure that the area is free from slugs and that no leaves are touching the surrounding soil
- Copper will dull quickly after handling and exposure to weather
- Weathered Slug Copper Rings turn a brown colour and blend with the soil
- Discoloured ring does not affect performance