Slot and Lock Cage Kit with Insect Mesh Covers
From: Raised Bed Kits : Raised Bed Accessories
The Slot & Lock® Aluminium Vegetable Cage Kits with Fitted Insect Mesh Covers save valuable gardening time and effort when protecting your home grown vegetable crops.
Create the 1.2m high vegetable cage by simply slotting the long lasting, non-rusting 16mm diameter aluminium tubing framework into the hi-tech matt black superior ABS plastic slot and lock connectors before easing an ultra fine 0.25mm x 0.8mm insect-mesh cover over the top, pegging it securely in the soil (pegs not supplied but our ground pegs fit the bill perfectly!).
These mesh covers are a perfect fit - a real time saver for accessing or closing up the plot and they look incredibly neat too. The fine insect-mesh cover features tailored velcro seams for direct access to plants, without needing to remove the cover from the frame, and also has a custom-made hem with reinforced eyelets to accept ground pegs without making holes in the material.
The Aluminium Vegetable Cage Kits with Fitted Covers are available in three sizes and have been designed to fit inside our Timber Raised Beds - you’ll find the bed sizes listed below - but there’s no reason why the vegetable cage kits and fitted insect mesh covers can’t be used in open ground too.
Flexibility in the garden is key and that’s why we’ve made the Harrod Slot and Lock® Aluminium Vegetable Cages with Fitted Insect Mesh Covers available separately as well as in kit form; purchase the framework and covers on their own or go for the kit options!
- Harrod Slot & Lock® Aluminium Vegetable Cage Kits - comprising of aluminium tubing and Harrod Slot and Lock® connectors - and Fitted Covers are sold separately and in kit form
- 3 sizes available
- Designed to fit inside a 1.2m x 1.2m, 1.2m x 1.8m and 1.2m x 2.4m Timber Raised Beds
- All kits give 1.2m of growing height
- Hi-tech black superior ABS plastic slot and lock connectors lock aluminium tubing rigidly into position
- Connectors easily tightened/removed with screws
- No more tubes falling out of connectors
- Ideal for use in open ground - check exact sizes below
- Covers specially made for respective frame sizes
- Covers simply pull over framework - no cutting, trimming or wrestling with netting
- Fitted Covers finished with tailored easy access Velcro seams and reinforced eyelets
- Mesh apertures measure 0.25mm x 0.8mm
- Netting mesh small enough to keep out aphids and whitefly
- 100% UV stabilised polyethylene netting
- Use our steel ground pegs to secure cover
- This product is supplied as a kit for self assembly