Raised Bed Liners
From: Raised Bed Kits : Raised Bed Accessories
With raised bed vegetable gardening enjoying a boom in recent years and patios and other paved garden areas now often occupied by raised beds and planters, we've decided to develop and introduce a quality raised bed liner to help protect your hardstanding areas.
We'd thoroughly recommend you use one of our thick, one piece, non-woven, polypropylene fabric raised bed liners when growing in raised beds on the patio; the material will help retain water, prevent the compost and soil from running out onto the hard surface - possibly causing staining - and will also help prevent weeds from growing through from beneath, a further reason for using a liner if your bed is positioned on soil or turf.
Our raised bed liners - fitted with reinforced hand loops at each corner to aid emptying - come in a wide range of different dimensions and fit our Allotment, Standard and Superior Wooden Raised Beds up to 1.8m x 2.4m (that's 6ft x 8ft) in size.
The raised bed liners will also fit one, two and three tier versions of the Allotment and Standard beds (15cm, 30cm and 45cm) also one and two tier Superior beds (20cm and 40cm).
- Raised Bed Liners manufactured from woven polypropylene fabric
- Will fit single and double tier versions of Allotment, Standard and Superior Timber Raised Beds
- Liners help to regulate drainage and retain water
- Raised bed soil is notorious for drying out
- Liner will retain fine sand and compost used when growing certain vegetables eg carrots
- Ideal if the bed is located on a patio, in a courtyard or even on tarmac
- Helps prevent leaching of soil and nutrients
- Threat of staining patio or other hardstanding area is reduced
- Liner helps suppress weed and grass growth when bed is positioned on soil or turf
- Reinforced hand loops on each corner to aid lifting and emptying
The Raised Bed Liners are available in the following sizes;
- 0.6m x 0.6m (2ft x 2ft)
- 0.6m x 1.2m (2ft x 4ft)
- 0.6m x 1.8m (2ft x 6ft)
- 0.6m x 2.4m (2ft x 8ft)
- 1.2m x 1.2m (4ft x 4ft)
- 1.2m x 1.8m (4ft x 6ft)
- 1.2m x 2.4m (4ft x 8ft)
- 1.8m x 2.4m (6ft x 8ft)