Sheeps Wool Compost
From: Fertilisers, Feeds, Soil Testers and Improvers,Trays, Pots etc : Soil Improvers
Sheep's Wool Compost is an excellent eco-friendly peat-free garden compost that mixes bracken and sheep's wool to help retain water while releasing nutrients to feed flowers, fruit and vegetables throughout the growing season.
The idea originated from old gardening books that talked of wool's natural ability to hold water to itself, and provide long term nutrient release - wool is still famously used in the 'Rhubarb Triangle' of Yorkshire.
- Supplied in 30 litre bags
- Use directly as potting compost for pots, hanging baskets, tubs and planters and soak thoroughly with water
- Suitable for planting flowers, shrubs, fruit, vegetables and trees
- Natural water retention with high levels of natural potash to provide growing plants with the essential ingredients to maximise flowering and fruiting and promote healthy growth
- Bracken yields a naturally high level of natural potash - captured in this compost
- A real alternative to peat - but with a similarly soft texture
- Made from totally renewable resources with great environmental benefits