Fruit Tree Sleeves
From: Plant Protection : Netting & Accessories
These Fruit Tree Sleeves are re-usable and come complete with quick releasable cable ties. A great and simple way to protect precious cherries and other fruit from birds, aphids and adverse weather.
Fruit Sleeves also encourage faster ripening on individual branches, there is also a cost saving on the expense and effort of erecting a fruit cage over numerous trees.
Can be used on a variety of fruits including cherries, peaches, grapes, figs, plums etc. Use as much of the sleeve as you need for individual fruits, clusters or whole branches, even over a metre long.
The UV stabilised fine grade insect mesh sleeve is supplied on a 10m roll with two size options available 17.5cm Dia. or 30cm Dia. and works by covering suitable branches laden with fruit just starting to form.
Simply slide the sleeve from the pack and then cut off the required length with scissors at the end of the branch.
Leaves need to be carefully inspected and any existing problems treated before being covered with fruit tree sleeves and inspected at regular intervals.
Both ends of the sleeve are then clamped with the supplied releasable cable ties to achieve end to end branch protection. When cherries are ripe, simply release the ties, slide off the sleeve for use next season, and harvest your sweet tasting, undamaged fruit!
- Available in 17.5cm dia. and 30cm dia. options
- Packs contains 10m of fruit tree sleeve and 40 releasable cable ties
- Helps protects all manner of fruit from birds, aphids, rain and hail
- Suitable for covering cherries, peaches, grapes, figs, plums etc.
- No need for pesticides
- Insulating greenhouse effect for faster ripening
- Saves expense and effort of erecting a full size fruit cage
- Supplied with full instructions