Carrot Root Fly Trap
From: Plant Protection : Insect Pest Control
Place the orange Carrot Root Fly Traps at the end of carrot rows in mid April to intercept the first generation of carrot fly and relocate the simple to move traps in late May before re-positioning in mid-July for the second generation of this persistent pest. The data is easy to analyse; if more than one carrot fly is caught per day then take remedial action with Carrot Root Fly Killer nematodes or our Anti Carrot Root Fly Screen. It's safe to finally remove the Carrot Root Fly Traps at the end of August. Replacement sticky traps for the Carrot Root Fly Trap are available separately.
- Carrot Root Fly trap helps monitor and catch carrot root fly adult
- Orange coloured sticky traps attract and catch the carrot root fly
- Warns of early attack and helps with timing of nematode treatments against carrot root fly larvae
- Trap can be re-used each year with new sticky boards
- Helps with chemical free control of carrot root fly
- Contains 5 orange non-toxic sticky traps, field pole and securing and fixing clips
- 5 trap refill packs of sticky traps available separately.
- Monitor crops for up to 2 years
- Intercepts the 1st and 2nd generation of Carrot Root Fly adults