Slug and Snail Shocka Rolls
From: Plant Protection : Slug and Snail Defence
If you've been frustrated by constant slug and snail raids or your home grown vegetables or treasured ornamental plants, you may have gone as far to consider an electric fence to keep out these plant-devouring molluscs; and in truth, the Slug and Snail Shocka Rolls aren't far off that idea! Although slug rings, traps and copper tape are perfectly adept at keeping slugs out of beds, pots and away from individual plants, gardeners have always found it difficult to keep larger areas slug and snail free but the 0.3m x 4m and 0.9m x 5m Shocka rolls do just that.
The upper surface of the fabric is coated in a resin containing copper hydroxide, which gives any mucus-based mollusc attempting to cross an unpleasant tingling sensation - and not only do the Slug and Snail Shocka Rolls keep your plants safe, but they act as a well insulated, weed resisting, water permeable mulch which can be easily trimmed to size and cut to plant through. Slug and Snail Shocka Rolls are used commercially so take a leaf out of the big boys' book and invest in some heavy-duty slug prevention today!
- Slug and Snail Shocka Rolls available in two generous sizes
- 0.3m wide x 4m long Standard roll
- 0.9m wide x 5m long Jumbo size
- Material similar to ground cover
- Easily cut to size
- Impregnated with copper hydroxide
- Gives slugs or snails an uncomfortable tingling sensation when they try to cross
- Easy to cut and plant through
- Ideal as a mulch
- Stops weed emergence