From: Composting : Compost Bins
The HotBin Composter cooks compostable garden and kitchen material at temperatures of up to 60°C, resulting in faster composting times and comes with a 3 year guarantee.
The 200 litre capacity Hot Bin - like most things that work - is a simple design to help maximise what nature does by bringing together the right conditions to make hot composting easier. It is the bacteria decomposing the waste that generates the heat and the HotBin aims to keep them happy so you can enjoy fast successful composting.
The 55cm deep by 63cm wide and 115cm high HotBin composter does this by providing effective aeration between the bottom air inlet plate and the air outlet rotating valve, removing excess water through the valve as steam and allowing you to control the rate of heat loss.The HotBin can achieve hot composting between 40-60 °C, which means it can produce a rich compost faster. These hotter temperatures produced by the HotBin means you can recycle more types of household waste, even food waste.
The HotBin works all year round including the winter months, it arrives assembled and is ready to use and comes with a whole entourage of extras which will help revolutionise your home composting set up!
- HotBin has 200 litre capacity
- Bin measures 55cm D x 63cm W x 115cm H
- Fully insulated walls
- Uses latest composting technology
- Hinged lid
- Helps promote temperatures of 60°C in top layer
- Internal thermometer for tracking exact temperature in top layer of waste
- Air inlet and outlet for effective aeration
- Capable of producing mulching compost in 30 days and mature material in 90 days
- Manufacturers advise cooked meat/bones/fish can be added
- Airtight lid to reduce smells and unwanted visitors
- Aeration valve plate to moderate temperature
- Biofilter unit to stop any unfriendly smells
- Insulated walls to keep it hot to help rapid composting
- Aeration base plate to disperse air within the bin
- Easy to remove hatch door panel to take out mature compost
- Comes with extensive how to use guide