Harrod 8ft Wide Polytunnel
From: Polytunnels, Mini Tunnels and Mini Greenhouses : Polytunnels and Mini Tunnels
A Polytunnel is a cost effective alternative or addition to a greenhouse and a warm covered plot will certainly extend your growing season enormously and increase the number of different varieties of vegetables you can grow.
One of the most popular sizes in their range of poly tunnels is this 8ft (2.44m) wide model, with 3ft 3in (0.99m) high straight sides and an overall height of 6ft 8in (2.03m) it provides good growing space and air circulation.
There are two designs available. With the Trench version you will need to dig a trench around the perimeter of the Polytunnel to secure the structure into place. But you can eliminate the requirement of the trench by ordering the Poly tunnel with Rails.
Both versions are covered with a film that has been specifically designed for the UK where low light levels are common. This film allows 90% light transmission allowing through more of the light spectrum used by plants. It also scatters light entering the polytunnel. This UV stabilised film is 200 microns (800 Gauge) and is supplied with a five year guarantee.
There are timber hinged doors at each end of the polytunnel, Anti Hot Spot Tape and of course the Framework to support the 200 micron Smart Clear Polythene cover.
- Trench or Rail Polytunnels
- Available in 10ft, 15ft and 20ft lengths
- Covered with UV stabilised 200 microns film
- 8ft (2.44m) Wide Hoop Spacing 5ft (1.53m)
- Overall Height 6ft 8in (2.03m)
- Straight Side 3ft 3in (0.99m)
- Head Room (15cm from side) 4ft 5in (1.34m)
- Hoop Diameter 1in (25.4mm)
- Steel Spec Z35 Galv High Tensile
- Door Width 2ft 3in (0.69m)
- Door Height 6ft (1.83m)
- Distance over Hoop 18ft (5.48m)
- Door Frame 3in x 2in (75mm x 47mm)
- Inner Door 2in x 2in (50mm x 50mm)
- Covers are guaranteed for 5 years
- Allow up to 14 days for delivery