Ingredients for Microwave Citrus Marmalade:
- 500 gms lemons or any mix of citrus fruit
- 1½ cups water
- 3 cups sugar
Method for Microwave Citrus Marmalade:
- Quarter fruit and discard seeds. Process in food processor or blender until finely chopped
- Place in a deep dish with water and cook on high for 10 minutes or until rind is tender.
- Add sugar and stir to dissolve.
- Cook on high for 18 minutes or until jam jells when tested in a cold saucer. Stir occasionally during cooking.
- Stand 5 minutes before pouring into sterilised jars. Seal when cold.
Makes about 3 cups.
To save time, I double the quantities and make twice as much! You may need to adjust cooking times to suit the fruit mix, the size of your cooking bowl and your microwave.
As a rule, doubling the quantity of ingredients doubles the cooking time.
For More Information on Marmalades