Ingredients for Butternut Squash and Potato Curry:
- 1 medium onion
- 1 lb potatoes (small scrubbed and halved) (sweet potatoes work well here as well but I generally like to do half and half as the sweet potatoes lose consistency)
- 1 lb butternut squash (peeled and cubed)
- Coconut Milk – 400 ml (low fat if you like)
- Chillies (to taste)
- Madras Curry Powder or any Curry Paste
Method for Butternut Squash and Potato Curry:
- Fry off the onion first add the curry powder / paste and the chillies and fry for another 2-3 minutes.
- If you are using powder ensure that it does not burn by adding some water (or milk if you like), add the potatoes and the butternut squash with the coconut milk and leave to simmer for half an hour.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper to adjust flavour
If you do not have coconut milk you can use stock with single cream to taste. In my opinion the coconut milk does add to the flavour and the low fat variety has as much flavour as the high fat one.