Ingredients for Sweetcorn, Green Bean and Peanut Bake:
- 1 lb (450 g) sweetcorn kernels
- 1 lb (450 g) green beans (either runner or french)
- 1 lb |(450 g) tomatoes, skinned and quartered
- Salt and pepper
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- 8 oz (225 g) unsalted roasted peanuts, finely chopped
- 8 oz (225 g) mature cheese, grated
Method for Sweetcorn, Green Bean and Peanut Bake:
- Top and tail the beans and cut diagonally if using runner beans.
- Put the sweetcorn kernels and beans into hot, salted water, and boil until just tender.
- Mix together the sweetcorn, beans, tomatoes, salt and pepper, onion, sugar and peanuts and spoon into a greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with the cheese and cook in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 4 (180°C/350°F) for about half an hour.
A tasty and substantial meal on its own – very filling. This Sweetcorn, Green Bean and Peanut Bake Recipe serves 4.
Re.Sweetcorn & Green Bean Recipe.
I tried this in preperation for entertaining a vegetarian friend and was very please with the tasty and substantial nature of the dish. I have yet to test in the friend! I’ve also tried it adding smoked bacon and and found this works very well (for Carnivores!)