Ingredients for Scalloped Courgettes with Grated Cheese Bake:
- 1½ lbs (675 g) courgettes
- Salt and pepper
- 8 oz (225 g) grated cheese (Gruyere goes well)
- 3 oz (84 g) butter
Method for Scalloped Courgettes with Grated Cheese Bake:
- Cut the courgettes in halves lengthwise if large, then cut into 2″ (5 cm) lengths.
- Cook for 1 minute in boiling salted water and drain well.
- Butter a shallow oven-proof dish and arrange half the courgettes in it.
- Sprinkle with half the grated cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Repeat the layers finishing with cheese.
- Cut the butter into small pieces, dot over the top and cook in a preheated oven at Gas Mark 6 (200°C/400°F) for about 30 minutes until golden brown.
This Scalloped Courgettes with Grated Cheese Bake recipe serves 4 people.
Serve this warm with a fresh mixed salad and a baked potato for a substantial delicious meal. Uses up some of that summer courgette glut as well!