Ingredients for Courgette Muffins:
- 140g whole wheat/meal flour
- 140g plain flour
- 2 teaspoons bicarb of soda
- ¼ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 egg (freshly laid!!)
- 120ml sunflower or veg oil
- 175g or less if you like sugar
- 100g dried skimmed milk
- 550g of all those unwanted courgettes!! – grated
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 110g raisins
- 80g walnuts
Method for Courgette Muffins:
- Mix together flours, bicarb of soda, baking powder and cinnamon, set aside
- In another bowl beat together egg, oil and sugar, then add dried milk, grated courgettes, vanilla and lemon juice and beat well.
- Add flour mixture and mix till smooth.
- Stir in raisins and walnuts.
- Spoon into muffin cases, 2/3rds full, and bake in preheated oven (180f or 350c) for 15-20 mins.
I guarantee kids will love them and that you won’t stop at eating just one!!
Absolutely amazing and delicious (makes 24 muffins).