Ingredients for Greek Style Courgette and Cheese Pie:
- 2 tbsp plain bread crumbs
- 2 tsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped onion
- 2 cups grated courgette
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup low-fat cottage cheese
- 1 tbsp. cornflour
- 1 dessert spoon chopped fresh oregano or teaspoon dried
- pinch salt
- pinch pepper
- small pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup grated cheese
Method for Greek Style Courgette and Cheese Pie:
- Grease a 9″ pie plate, sprinkle it with bread crumbs and set it aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. Add onion and cook over medium heat for 4 minutes, stirring often.
- Add courgette and garlic. Cook 3-4 minutes, stirring often.
- Set aside to cool for 5 minutes. Preheat oven Gas 4, 180ºC .
- Combine eggs, cottage cheese, cornflour, oregano, salt, pepper, and cinnamon. Stir until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine cooked vegetables, cottage cheese/egg mixture and cheddar. Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake 30 minutes or until knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Absolutely delicious. Serve with a green salad and bread if necessary (the pie is filling on its own). And it’s another way to use up that summer glut of courgettes!