An easy artichoke and tomato hob recipe to accompany a variety of main courses.
Ingredients for Jerusalem Artichokes with Tomatoes:
- 2 lbs (1kg) Jerusalem artichokes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 large tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped marjoram or oregano
Method for Jerusalem Artichokes with Tomatoes:
- Simmer the artichokes in a large pan of boiling salted water for 20 minutes until nearly cooked.
- Drain, allow to cool slightly and cut into even-sized pieces.
- Heat the oil in a pan, add the tomatoes, marjoram or oregano, artichokes and salt and pepper to taste.
- Cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Transfer into a warmed dish and serve immediately.
Serves 4. An easy artichoke and tomato hob recipe to accompany a variety of main courses.