A Mediterranean way with French beans that can be served either hot or cold.
Ingredients for French Beans with Lemon Juice:
- 1½ lbs (675g) French beans
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¾ pint (400ml) vegetable stock
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1 hard-boiled egg, chopped,
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped chives
Method for French Beans with Lemon Juice:
- Rinse and top and tail the beans
- Crush the garlic.
- Heath the oil in a medium sized pan.
- Add the garlic, salt and sugar, stir well and cook slowly for a minute or two.
- Add the beans and stir well until they are coated with the oil and garlic and continue cooking slowly for 5 minutes.
- Add the vegetable stock, bring to the boil, cover the pan and simmer until the beans are tender and all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the lemon juice and pepper to taste.
- Serve either hot or cold garnished with the chopped tomato, hard-boiled egg and sprinkled with the chives.
A Mediterranean way with French beans that can be served either hot or cold. Serves 4.
OMG that was AMAZING, thank you! the juices also work well as a nice warm salad dressing, will be making this again