A suet-free alternative filling for the Christmas classic – mince pies.
Ingredients for Suet-Free Mincemeat:
- 1lb cooking apples, peeled and chopped.
- 1lb mixed dried fruit
- 4 oz muscavado sugar
- 1 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ pint dry cider (apple juice is ok)
Method for Suet-Free Mincemeat:
- Bung the lot in a pan and bring to the boil.
- Simmer gently until thick enough.
- Store in the freezer until you need it, I usually put it in 1lb lots.
- Will keep in sterile jars in fridge for a couple of months.
Smells absolutely fab, enjoy.