Bit of greenhouse sowing as it hailed.
Very inclement April showers and a lack of time so decided to sow a few seeds into pots.
All into 2?” pots, which I have in the front bedroom in heated propogators to germinate – the greenhouse being a bit cool for best results.
- Courgette Black Beauty – a very reliable good cropper
- Courgette Golden Dawn III F1 – a new to me yellow variety, should be interesting. Supposed to be “very prolific” and have “excellent high quality fruits with thin bright yellow skin and crisp flesh”
- Squash – Butternut Sprinter. Grew this last year but hardly looked like the packet, although they tasted OK. I wonder if they crossed with the pumpkin?
- Squash – Sunburst F1 A small interestingly shaped squash with “tender flesh”. New to me.
- Pumpkin Atlantic Giant – Not a great culinary experience but I want 2 good halloween pumpkins for the nephews and nieces.