Make the break, realize the dream and start living “the good life”. Packed with comprehensive information on all the practical details, from ploughing fields to milking cows, as well as information on how to create an urban organic garden and harness natural energy. This new and revised full-colour edition of the illustrated classic is an engrossing read and a wonderful handbook for realists and dreamers alike.
John Seymour, the acknowledged founding father of the self-sufficiency movement, was an active campaigner for the countryside, the environment, and above all a sustainable, compassionate way of living.
Well, what can I say about this book? It is brilliant and a ‘must have’! The original inspired me many years ago and this edition still inspires. It’s not so much the technical information as the underlying faith that you can do it and have a better life.
Available both new and used from Amazon.
Amazon Reviews of New Complete Self-Sufficiency:
“What can i say about this book, if you have read or seen the first this is a brilliant book, its longer, and hasn’t lost any of the detail of the first one. Its full of information about skills, crops, livestock and all the things you need to know to live the good life!
Brilliant hardback book, from the guru of the self sufficiency movement, John Seymour, himself. If you ever meet this man, you will know that you have met a man that knows what he’s talking about, he has done this himself and through his writing, it shows!”
Further Books in this Section
- Making Small Farms Work by Richard Perkins
- New Complete Self-Sufficiency by John Seymour
- Pest Control for the Smallholder by David Bezzant
- Starting with a Smallholding by David Hills
- Successful Smallholding by Jeremy Hobson
- The Smallholder’s Manual by Katie Thear
- The Urban Farmer by Curtis Stone
- Tools and Machinery for the Smallholder by John Bezzant
- Viable Self-Sufficiency by Tim & Dot Tyne