From: Fertilisers, Feeds, Soil Testers and Improvers,Trays, Pots etc : Soil Improvers
Vermiculite will allow you to improve your seed sowing germination rates and give your seed and potting compost mixes the edge.
Supplied in easily manageable re-sealable bags, both grades of vermiculite - a naturally occuring non-toxic mineral - will benefit seeds and seedlings; the standard is ideal for mixing with seed sowing and potting composts where it absorbs nutrients and moisture before releasing them near the rootzone, whilst the fine grade is perfectly suited for raising and covering smaller seeds where damaging soil temperature fluctuations are kept to minimum.
Simply mix the vermiculite with potting compost, use exclusively as a seed sowing medium or cover your seeds after sowing and just watch the results.
- Vermiculite available in 2 grades - Standard and Fine Grade
- Supplied in lightweight, re-sealable 10 litre bags
- Vermiculite used extensively in seed sowing and propagation
- Each bag weighs only 0.9kg
- Expanded naturally occurring, non-toxic, soft mica material
- Absorbs otherwise leachable nutients and releases near plant roots
- Helps retain soil moisture content
- Mix with potting compost to create an easily re-wettable growing medium
- Can be used exclusively to germinate seeds