Popadome Crop Covers
From: Cold Frames, Cloches & Rhubarb Forcers : Bell, Solar, Blanching and Pop Up Cloches
Popadome Crop Protection Frame and Covers kits with copper strip along the base to deter slugs and snails, presents an all in one solution for protecting your fruit and vegetables from the elements and garden pests.
The innovative frame offers protection throughout the year with the addition of a choice of Fleece, Polyethylene and Insect Mesh Covers. Suitable for both gardens and allotments, it is ideal for protecting everything from newly seeded lawns to full grown plants. Can be used either singly or in multiple arrangements for larger areas.
Popadome Frame and Butterfly Netting kit features:
• Easily assembled using fibreglass poles
• Very lightweight and easy to put in place and relocate
• Made from UV treated materials
• Easy access zip with fold back netting either side
(1.8m x 0.9m size now comes with two zips one in the short side and one in the long side for better access)
• Anchors securely to the ground with 8″ pegs included
• A sewn copper strip along the base line of all four sides deters slugs and snails
• Fine black butterfly netting (10mm) blocks access to birds and butterflies and other small animals
• Coarse enough netting to allow access for pollinating insects
• Comes in handy carry case for easy and safe storage when not required
• Popadome Frames 1.2m x 1.2m and 1.8m x 0.9m weigh just over 1kg, and 2m x 2m weights just 2.5kg
This heavy duty fleece cover is light enough to be placed easily over your Popadome Frame and protects your plants against frost and stops wind, hail, birds and insects damaging your plants. Made from strong spun bonded 60gsm permeable fleece which is tear resistant and UV stabilised for long life, it will help to warm up the soil for earlier harvesting of crops and protects against freezing temperatures. A zipper is incorporated in the design which lines up with the main Popadome Frame zipper, ensuring easy access to the protected growing area.
Polyethylene Cloche Cover
Protect young seedlings and established plants from frost with the addition of a heavy duty Polyethylene Cover which fits snugly on top of the Popadome Frame (above) and acts as a mini greenhouse or cloche to keep the plants in a warmer environment. Made from UV stabilised heavy duty polyethylene, it incorporates a zipper in the design which lines up with the main Popadome Frame zipper, ensuring easy access to the protected growing area.
Insect Mesh Cover
A superb solution for the protection of your plants from smaller flying insects, this insect mesh netting cover fits easily over the top of the Popadome Frame (above). The fine 50gsm insect netting is made from 1mm mesh and stops pests such as carrot fly and cabbage root fly from damaging your plants. A zipper is incorporated in the design which lines up with the main Popadome Frame zipper.