Ingredients for the Stilton Mousse:
- 1 pack gelatine
- ½ pint chicken stock
- 8 oz of Stilton cheese, crumbled
- Teaspoon of English Mustard
- ½ pint of whipped thick whipping cream
- 1 egg white whipped stiff
Ingredients for the Port Jelly:
- 1 teaspoon of gelatine
- ¼ pint of port
Method for the Stilton Mousse:
- Dissolve the gelatine in the chicken stock.
- Add cheese and mustard then whiz in food processor.
- Fold in the cream and egg white.
- Spoon into 6 small ramekins and chill until set in the fridge.
Method for the Port Jelly:
- Dissolve gelatine in 3 tablespoons of warmed port.
- Stir into the rest of the port then chill in a shallow container.
Vegetarians may substitute agar-agar for gelatine and vegetable for chicken stock.
Vegans may live long and prosper.