Ingredients for Gooseberry Cheesecake:
- 225g digestive biscuits
- 150g butter (melted)
- 1kg gooseberries
- 180g sugar
- 100ml water
- 300ml double cream (I use Elmlea light)
- 500g cream cheese (I use Quark)
- Sachet of powdered gelatine
Method for Gooseberry Cheesecake
- Place digestives in a bag and pulverise with a rolling pin until they are fine crumbs. Transfer to a basin and add the melted butter and mix.
- Press the mixture firmly into a greased 20cm loose based cake tin.
- Place the gooseberries in a saucepan with 2 tablespoons of the sugar and the water. Bring to the boil, reduce the heat and cook for 4 mins approx until the gooseberries soften and turn lighter in colour.
- Strain the gooseberries and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl whisk the cram until soft peaks form.
- Fold in the remaining sugar, then the cream cheese. Mix in the gelatine.
- Fold in the gooseberries into the cream cheese mixture, mix well. Spread the gooseberry mixture evenly over the biscuit base.
- Chill in the fridge for approx an hour until set.
I have also kept half of the gooseberries back and sprinkled over the top, which works well, but I prefer to add all of them to the cheese mix.